Information about our organisation and website
- This Privacy Statement informs you how we protect your personal data, what options you have when it comes to choosing how your information is collected online, how that information is used, and what rights you have insofar as your use of this website is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – the “GDPR”). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and refer back to this page from time to time to check for any changes that may have been made to it.
- We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time by publishing revised terms on this website. Any amended terms automatically take effect on the date specified in the published Privacy Statement, unless stated otherwise.
Sites to which this Privacy Statement applies
- This Privacy Statement applies to all of our web pages, websites and domain names (collectively the “Website”). The Website may contain links to third-party websites in order to make it easier for you to access such other sites and to obtain additional information. By clicking on such links, you will leave the Website. We do not operate those other sites and we have no control over the privacy practices they employ, which may differ from our own privacy rules. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any personal data you elect to disclose to third parties with whom we have no relationship. We do not monitor or run checks on information collected by other sites or on the privacy principles applied by third parties, and we are not responsible for their practices or the content of their sites.
Type of information we collect and use
- In this document, “personal information” or “personal data” means information on an identifiable person who is protected by the law of his or her place of residence. In some jurisdictions, “personal information” or “personal data” may not include contact details.
- The Website collects information in various ways and for various purposes, as described below. If you choose to sign up on any page of the Website for us to send you updates or manage your account, and/or if you log in to use our self-service portal, you will be asked to provide contact details (name, phone number, email address and password). We use this information in the pursuit of our legitimate business interests, i.e. to provide our services and/or to contact you regarding those services on our site in which you have expressed an interest.
- We may also use your contact details to send you information about other Group products and services, such as meeting rooms and virtual offices, or about the resumption of workplace operations, offices, cooperation and memberships, to which your consent applies under applicable law.
- You may order products or services, request information, or report an issue via the Website. In order for you to be able to purchase a product or service from us, we will request certain information from you that will be used for contractual purposes. You may be required to provide contact details (such as your name, email address, and delivery address) and financial details (such as your credit card number, billing address, and card expiration date). The financial information we receive from you is used solely to bill you for the products and services you purchase.
- If we receive credit card details from you, we use this information solely to process payments and prevent fraud. The Group will not use credit card details and other similar sensitive personal data for any other purpose without your express consent. After processing a payment, we will not store your credit card details unless you give us permission to retain that information for future purchases.
- The Website automatically collects technical information about your visit (such as your browser type, internet service provider, platform type, internet protocol (IP) addresses, the previous/next pages visited by you, your operating system, and the date/time). We collect this information so that the Website can be analysed to monitor trends, diagnose problems with our server and administer the Website, track user movement and activity, and gather broad demographic information. For further information, please refer to the “Cookies and other digital trackers” section below.
- Your contact details are shared within the Scott&Weber Members Portal Community. You can manage your privacy level in your profile settings.
- We may be required by applicable law to share information with third parties. For example, we may be required to disclose certain information in response to a court order, summons or judgment. Additionally, we may, in accordance with applicable law, voluntarily disclose information to assist in government investigations or in cases where such disclosure is necessary to protect our systems, our business or the rights of others.
- Once you have signed up, we will send you a welcome email to verify your username and password. We will also answer any questions you may have, provide the services you request and manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or phone and do our best to accommodate your preferences.
- If necessary, we will send you notifications regarding our services that are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you may deactivate your account on the Website.
- Please note that we will not share your email address with our business partners.
Cookies and other digital trackers
Access to your information, accuracy of information about you, and your other rights
- In some jurisdictions, particularly in the EU and the UK, you have the right: to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to ask us to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data and to return personal data you have provided to us for contracting purposes or with your consent; to ask us to share (port) that data with other data controllers; and to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (in particular, if we do not need to process the data in order to comply with a contractual or other legal requirement, or if we use the data for direct marketing). These rights may be limited, for example, if complying with your request would entail divulging another person’s personal data or would violate the privacy rights of others, or if you ask us to delete information that we are required to keep by law or that we have a manifest legitimate interest in keeping. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected] Should you have any further concerns, you may lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority where you live, work or believe your rights have been breached.
Keeping your information secure
- We do not guarantee or promise the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information you provide to us via the Website will not be intercepted by a third party when it is transmitted over the internet. We adhere to generally accepted technical standards in safeguarding personal data submitted to us, both during the transmission and after the receipt of such personal data. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) into our registration or order form, we encrypt that information using secure network layer technology.
- In situations where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we will continue processing it for a short period of time after you request us to stop processing it (to give us time to comply with your requirements). In circumstances where we process personal data in connection with contractual performance or service provision, or in relation to a competition, we retain that information for six years (except for financial information, which we retain for 10 years) as of your last interaction with us.
- If there is a change in our corporation, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or disposal of all or part of our assets, your personal data is likely to be among the assets transferred.
Contractual terms and conditions
- If you decide to visit our Website, your visit and any privacy-related disputes are subject to this Privacy Statement and our contractual terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, disclaimers of warranties, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution. Please email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have about how we use your data.